Hello World, It’s our Grand Opening day
I’m very proud to announce the official opening day of Joe’s Basecamp by one of the world’s leading mountaineers, Andrew Lock 9:30am Saturday 7th March. We believe we have built a truly unique experience in fitness, training and encouraging people to grow by getting out of their comfort zone.
ORDER OF EVENTS ON THE DAY
8am: If you want you can book in for our Open class: choose from Boxing or a Team workout. Come and jump in a class for free and see what we are about, how we work. Experience the fun, the sweat and the tears.
9:30am Official Opening Andrew Lock, Mountaineer. One of the few people in the world to have climbed all fourteen 8000m peaks, an exciting and engaging speaker and truly inspirational man who went from the Scouts to being one of the world’s top mountaineers. Andrew will have with him copies of his new book Summit 8000.
10:30am Stephen Bock – Your local real estate agent and Everest Summiter – a man with big dreams and goals. A Q&A on how a local bloke can get to the top of the world.
We have a mini open fitness competition running all morning with a prize for fastest male and fastest female over the day for 200m Ski/20cals Airdyne/200m Row
- We have the boys from Pace Athletic one of Sydney’s premier sports shoe shops with Open Day deals and give aways.
- The best Chiros and Physios in the business Prestidge Chiropractic and North Curl Curl Physio will be here to show you how they look after our people and improve their performance. These guys know their stuff and work with a whole plethora of elite level athletes from Olympic level down.
- We have got a fantastic organic sausage sizzle going on from our friends round the corner, Shiralee meats. The best organic butcher on the beaches.
- Worried about bringing the kids along? Don’t be – we want them to live big lives too. We will get the littlies’ painting pictures of themselves on adventures. For the older kids, we want to find out their goals and dreams.
- We have more friends here as well, we’ve got Sydney Trail Series to tell you all about their fantastic events in beautiful bushland around Sydney
- Raffle with Prizes from Icebreaker, Pace Athletic, Shiralee meats, North Curl Curl Physio, Prestidge Chiropractic, Arbonne Make up and a membership prize valued at $1800.
- All proceeds go to: Australian Himalayan Foundation and Manly Junior Rugby Club
- Come on down in the morning but if you want to be in with a chance to win $150 towards a pair of shoes from Pace Athletic you must pre register here
- Don’t worry if you can’t make it down on the day you can still get a 1 week voucher here
This philosophy has seen Joe become a well respected expert and leader in his field, Possibly the southern hemisphere's leading strength and conditioning coach, for outdoor and adventure sports. He has seen 6 of his clients summit Everest, clients cross the Greenland Ice cap, ski to the North Pole, ski tour and ski mountaineering in Antarctica, Iceland, South America and Norway, climb peaks all over the world, trek all the continents and enter trail running , ultra and multi stage events in the Gobi, Andes, Himalayas and the Sahara.
As well as a sought-after coach, Joe is a presenter and speaker.
He is also the founder and owner of Joe's Basecamp Gym, based in Brookvale on Sydney's Northern Beaches. The gym is home to unique functional fitness, strength and conditioning, and endurance training programs for trail running, trek training and mountaineering. The facility caters for all outdoor, adventure sports and wilderness activities - a one of a kind Bucket List gym!
If you want to know more about our coaching programs contact us here to find out how you can be a part of our great community of like minded people.
If you would like to know about working with our trainers to get the most out of your adventures, your events, your sport contact us here.