Lemon and Coconut Bliss Balls
Here’s a simple and easy recipe for a healthy snack that is free of processed sugars and has the Joe’s Basecamp tick of approval!
(Warning: these are absolutely delicious and aren’t quite as healthy if you decide to eat them all in one sitting… so exercise some self control you lot!)
Lemon and Coconut Bliss Balls: (makes approx. 12 balls)
1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1/2 cup almond meal
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
3 tbs organic rice malt syrup (can be found at supermarket)
(+1/4 cup desiccated coconut for coating)
1) Place all ingredients into a blender and process until it forms a sticky mixture.
2) Take a tablespoon of the mixture and roll in the palm of your hands until it forms a ball, then roll this ball in the extra desiccated coconut to coat.
3) Repeat with remaining mixture and place in the fridge to set.
How easy is that?!
Latest posts by Elly Gearing (see all)
- Meet Pippa Lyon – endurance cyclist facing one of the toughest endurance races in Europe! - July 12, 2017
- Lemon and Coconut Bliss Balls - June 28, 2017
- Meet Shelley McDowell – Ski mountaineer and adventure-seeker! - June 22, 2017