Personal Trainer Careers
“If you are a team player, have enthusiasm and a positive attitude, and if you want to coach people with exciting goals, then I have a challenging, fun and fulfilling Personal Training/Coach Position just for you!”
Dear Prospective Coach,
First of all, thanks for taking the time to visit this site. I hope you have precisely what I’m looking for in a trainer so I can take this page down immediately and put you to work in the fun and rewarding coaching position I have available! You should have arrived here because you saw my employment ad either on our website, our Facebook page or in the local paper that reads like this:
Personal Trainer: excellent attitude, people person,growth opportunities at www.joesbasecamp.com.au
So, let me tell you about me, my company and the coaching position…
My name is Joe Bonington and I run a unique facility on Sydney’s Northern Beaches called Joe’s Basecamp.
We provide people with the inspiration, training and opportunity to live a fitter, fuller and more adventurous life.
My business and my passion is dedicated to helping men and women get fit and live a more adventurous life, as well as training people for outdoor, wilderness and adventure activities through customised nutrition and fitness programmes. Alongside ordinary people, we specialise in training adventurers, mountaineers, people running the Sahara Desert, crossing the Greenland Ice shelf, climbing Mount Everest… the list goes on!
On top of that, we have such a great reputation for evidence based in athletic development, coaching a number of high-level high school kids performing in international and national level competitions in various sports.
I’m looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and energetic person to start training some of our current clients.
My facility is located at 16-22 Cross Street, Brookvale.
Our 3 main offerings are a fun group, periodised, strength and conditioning program, small group personal training, and one-on-one customised fitness programmes, and all of which educate, motivate, and support individuals to get the most out of life and their activities.
All of our clients begin with an initial 12-week coaching package which, depending on their goals, often includes nutrition counseling and exercise programme design.
My facility offers a supportive, fun, community-orientated environment and is extremely well-equipped.
Oh yeah, I’m also very fair, respectful and appreciative. I like having fun and making money by providing highly valuable fitness services and products. You will be compensated fairly, treated fairly, and I will certainly look for ways to pay you more for your efforts if they warrant it! I want someone who enjoys working with people and making a difference to the lives of others…because that’s what we do every day!
Tasks You’ll Be Expected To Perform:
- Develop comprehensive health and fitness programmes for clients. You’ll receive coaching and training on our fitness system and programmes, but you’ll have the flexibility to incorporate your own training style and individual knowledge.
- Tracking client progress. To ensure a client’s success in our programmes, you’ll need to track their progress, current successes and challenges, review client nutrition and exercise log worksheets, and more on a weekly basis. It will be your job to hold a client accountable for his/her health and fitness programme and to ensure the best results possible.
- Perform fitness evaluations. You do not need previous experience, but if you do, that’s a great bonus! If not we will teach you to test for mobility, stability, flexibility, and strength.
- Coach clients through 12-52 week programmes. You’ll be responsible for weekly exercise sessions and keep detailed, weekly progress reports on the clients you’re working with. If a client is having challenges throughout his/her programme you’ll coach and motivate them, and make the appropriate changes to ensure consistent progress.
- Coach our group strength and conditioning program, coach small group personal training classes, and deliver one-on-one customised fitness coaching and programmes.
- Write programs. For our personal training clients.
- Cover classes/sessions when needed. Also be available for the occasional emergency or holiday cover.
- Demonstrate proper exercise instruction. This is a big one. I need you to be able to provide proper coaching, instruction, and motivation during a client training session across a broad spectrum of movements. You should have a working knowledge of the human body (i.e. muscles, movements, functions, energy systems etc.)
- Provide ongoing health and fitness education. Our clients rely on us to service all of their health and fitness needs. It is your job as a fitness coach to provide your clients with health and fitness education on various topics that empower them to lead healthy lives forever. You’ll be provided with educational tools and resources, be expected to study them, and speak about them with your clients. We also spend time covering this in our staff meetings, for which you must be available.
- Maintain and keep gym floor clean and tidy and all equipment working. We are a small team and we all chip in to keep the place looking great! This includes helping out with keeping kitchen and amenities tidy.
- Be available for early mornings, evening, weekend and daytime sessions.
- Help grow and be an active member of our community. Pay attention to our clients even when they’ve left the gym, wether that be via social media or socialising. We are a tight-knit community and we work hard together and play together, candidates must be up for that!
These are the skills you must already have in order to qualify for this position:
- Great communication skills. You will be talking with my clients, who are VERY important to me. You must be comfortable conversing in-person and on the phone, and know how to conduct yourself professionally and deliver clear instructions to the clients. I’ll teach you everything you need to do during a training session, but I can’t teach you manners and professionalism.
- People skills and personality. You must LOVE working with people, both one-on-one and in groups! As mentioned above, you must be very comfortable working with people. This is an exciting facility and we want you to be able to show your clients energy and excitement while working with them!
- Health and fitness education. Certificate 3 and 4 in Fitness, a current First Aid certificate with CPR.
- A love of the outdoors. This isn’t really a skill, but if you don’t love the outdoors, you aren’t going to get us, or our members!
If you have these additional skills, your resume will go right to the top of the stack (but if you don’t have these skills, you should still apply because they are not mandatory).
- Knowledge of programming for sporting performance and sports based strength and conditioning
- Specialist techniques such as Olympic lifting, power lifting, gymnastic strength, run coaching, endurance coaching
- Nutritional qualifications
- Corrective exercise knowledge
- Knowledge of requirements for outdoor and adventure sports such as Trail and Ultra running, Mountaineering, Trekking, Endurance Mountain Biking, Kayaking, Big Mountain Skiing or Rock Climbing.
How to apply:
I’m looking to hire the right person relatively quickly. If this job sounds good to you, complete the web form below and we’ll contact you by phone:
Again, thanks very much for your interest, Joe Bonington Owner/Head Coach, Joe’s Basecamp
FYI: This is not the type of job where just showing up is enough. Performance is everything to me. If you perform, you will be rewarded. I want nothing more than to find “the one“, a person who takes a real interest in doing good work and taking care of our clients. If that’s you, you will be recognized and rewarded for your performance.
With all that said, as I mentioned in the headline on this page, enthusiasm and a positive attitude go a long way in my book. I’m a very positive, upbeat business owner and appreciate those qualities in others. As long as you have the skills I mentioned and a great attitude, you’re definitely a candidate! So submit your information today!