Personal Trainer Careers
“If you are a team player, have enthusiasm and a positive attitude, and if you want to coach people with exciting goals, then I have a challenging, fun and fulfilling Personal Training/Coach Position just for you!”
Dear Prospective Coach,
Personal Trainer: excellent attitude, people person,
growth opportunities at www.joesbasecamp.com.au
So, let me tell you about me, my company and the coaching position…
My name is Joe Bonington and I run a unique facility on Sydney’s Northern Beaches called Joe’s Basecamp.
We provide people with the inspiration, training and opportunity to live a fitter, fuller and more adventurous life.
My business and my passion is dedicated to helping men and women get fit and live a more adventurous life, as well as training people for outdoor, wilderness and adventure activities through customised nutrition and fitness programmes. Alongside ordinary people, we specialise in training adventurers, mountaineers, people running the Sahara Desert, crossing the Greenland Ice shelf, climbing Mount Everest… the list goes on!
And business is booming!
I’m looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and energetic person to start training some of our current clients.
My facility is located at 16-22 Cross Street, Brookvale.
I currently offer one-on-one customised fitness programmes, group Strength and Conditioning classes and small group personal training, all of which educate, motivate, and support individuals to get the most out of life and their activities.
All of our clients begin with an initial 12-week coaching package which, depending on their goals, often includes nutrition counselling and exercise programme design.
If you are hired for this coaching position, you’ll begin coaching clients in the facility minimum of 5 hours a week to start with a view of building to a full time position and career.
Bottom line: you’ll get at least 5 hours of training clients and group classes per week. At first you’ll be paid as a casual employee and possibly have the opportunity to become a permanent part-time employee and increase your hourly rate after a 90-day trial period. For the right person, this position could turn into a full time role!
My facility offers a supportive, fun, community-orientated environment and is extremely well-equipped.
Oh yeah, I’m also very fair, respectful and appreciative. I like having fun and making money by providing highly valuable fitness services and products. You will be compensated fairly, treated fairly, and I will certainly look for ways to pay you more for your efforts if they warrant it! I want someone who enjoys working with people and making a difference to the lives of others…because that’s what we do everyday!
Tasks You’ll Be Expected To Perform:
- Develop comprehensive health and fitness programmes for clients. You’ll receive coaching and training on our fitness system and programmes, but you’ll have the flexibility to incorporate your own training style and individual knowledge.
- Tracking client progress. To ensure a client’s success in our programmes, you’ll need to track their progress, current successes and challenges, review client nutrition and exercise log worksheets, and more on a weekly basis. It will be your job to hold a client accountable for his/her health and fitness programme and to ensure the best results possible.
- Perform fitness evaluations. Ideally, you’ll have some fitness assessment skills and can test for: body composition, body weight, girth measurements, blood pressure, heart rate, and various strength and flexibility tests. You do not need previous experience, but if you do, that’s a great bonus!
- Coach clients through 12-52 week programmes. You’ll be responsible for weekly exercise sessions and keeping detailed, weekly progress reports on the clients you’re working with. If a client is having challenges throughout his/her programme you’ll coach and motivate them, and make the appropriate changes to ensure consistent progress.
- Coach our Precision Program. Small group personal training of groups of no more than 6 individuals.
- Write and research sports specific programs. These are based around our speciality in adventure sports.
- Cover classes/sessions when needed. Occasionally extra classes need to be covered so we need versatility and flexibility in helping to get them covered.
- Demonstrate proper exercise instruction, including the ability to program around injury and program remedial, prehab and rehab exercises. This is a big one. I need you to be able to provide proper coaching, instruction and motivation during a client training session. You should have a working knowledge of the human body (i.e. muscles, movements, functions, etc.) and be able to provide appropriate exercises for client’s goals.
- Provide ongoing health and fitness education. Our clients rely on us to service all of their health and fitness needs. It is your job as a fitness coach to provide your clients with health and fitness education on various topics that empower them to lead healthy lives forever. You’ll be provided with educational tools and resources, be expected to study them, and speak about them with your clients. We also spend time covering this in our staff meetings, for which you must be available.
- Maintain and keep gym floor tidy and all equipment working. We are a small team and we all chip in to keep the place looking great! This includes helping out with keeping kitchen and amenities tidy where needed.
- Be available for early mornings and day time sessions. Many of our clients have busy working schedules and early mornings are the best time for them to get a work-out in!
- Take part in non-paid social occasions and events. We are a tight knit community and we expect your support when we run special events in our social calendar!
These are the skills you must already have in order to qualify for this position:
- Great communication skills. You will be talking with my clients, who are VERY important to me. You must be comfortable conversing in-person and on the phone, and know how to conduct yourself professionally and deliver clear instructions to the clients. I’ll teach you everything you need to do during a training session, but I can’t teach you manners and professionalism.
- People skills and personality. You must LOVE working with people, both one-on-one and in groups! As mentioned above, you must be very comfortable working with people. This is an exciting facility and we want you to be able to show your clients energy and excitement while working with them!
- Health and fitness education. Certificate 3 and 4 in Fitness, a current First Aid certificate with CPR, and should have a working knowledge of Strength training.
If you have these additional skills, your resume will go right to the top of the stack (but if you don’t have these skills, you should still apply because they are not mandatory).
- ASCA registration
- AWF registration
- Nutritional qualifications
- CF level 1 or 2
- a degree in Exercise science or physiotherapy or strong corrective exercise knowledge
- Knowledge of requirements for outdoor and adventure sports such as Trail and Ultra running, Mountaineering, Trekking, Endurance Mountain Biking, Kayaking, Big Mountain Skiing or Rock Climbing.
How to apply:
I’m looking to hire the right person relatively quickly. If this job sounds good to you, complete the web form below and we’ll contact you by phone:
P.S. This is not the type of job where just showing up is enough. Performance is everything to me. If you perform, you will be rewarded. I want nothing more than to find a person who takes real interest in doing good work and taking care of our clients. If that’s you, you will be recognised and rewarded on your performance.