23 Dec Joe’s Christmas Banana Almond Pancakes
Now here’s a Christmas breakfast that the whole family will LOVE! Pancakes are often thought to be an “unhealthy” breakfast, but they don’t have to be. Here’s a recipe that is both healthy and unbelievably tasty! Top it off with fresh berries for your daily dose of antioxidants and it’ll keep you full until that turkey and ham comes out later…
- 1 banana, peeled and chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup almong meal
- 3 tablespoons dessicated coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Coconut oil for cooking
- Optional: 2 tablespoons almond butter (for more protein)
- Serving suggestion: topped with spoonful of coconut natural yoghurt and fresh seasonal berries
Place all of the pancake ingredients (minus the toppings) into a food processor and puree until smooth and fluffy.
Heat some coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook pancakes in batches using a heaped spoonful of mixture per pancake. These pancakes can burn easily so cook for a couple of minutes only on medium heat. Add more oil between batches.
Enjoy with the family!